Learn traditional dances and music at our Center.
At KOURITES, our goal is to preserve, rescue, and spread the Greek and Cretan traditions through the courses and seminars we offer to our students.
We have the experience and the passion to teach those interested in learning, our love for the Greek tradition in general and the Cretan culture and way of thinking in particular.
Useful information for all prospective new students:
What do we teach?
- Traditional dances from Crete and other parts of Greece
- Singing and traditional musical instruments (Cretan lyra, mandolin, Cretan laguto, etc.)
Who are we addressing?
- Those who love tradition regardless of level and age
- For teenagers and children from 5 years and older.
Frequency & Duration:
- Courses are held once a week
- Adult classes take place on weekdays in the afternoon, while children and teenage classes every Sunday afternoon.
- The duration varies according to the type of course as well as the level or age of the student.
Who leads the courses?
- All courses and seminars are led by experienced dance teachers and renowned artists.